Commitment to the Community
Gun Lake Casino is committed to giving back by seeking opportunities to improve the quality of life in the community in which it serves. We believe it is a privilege and responsibility to help build and maintain a positive and healthy community. Making contributions to charitable organizations is one way we continue to make an investment in the future of our business, our Team Members, their families, and the community as a whole.
We seek partnerships with local non-profit organizations where we can make a positive impact. With that in mind, the following is a list of criteria we have established to help focus our resources and efforts. All charitable requests must:
- Be submitted in writing either through our company website submission process or by mail (see "submit a charitable request" link below)
- Be a properly qualified 501(c) 3
- Be submitted at least 60 - 90 days in advance of any deadline, initiative, or event
- Must be located within Allegan, Barry, Calhoun, Eaton, Ionia, Kalamazoo, Kent, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Ottawa, or Van Buren counties
- Be compatible with one of Gun Lake Casino's key areas of giving including:
- Youth-organizations and programs focused on providing services to children
- Education efforts to strengthen and assist our K-12 public education system
- Community betterment organizations, programs, and initiatives dedicated to providing basic social services to those in need such as food pantries, shelters, senior citizen programs, and children's welfare
- Diversity-programs focused on enhancing economic opportunities within minority communities
- Veteran's associations
Limitations and Restrictions
- For profit organizations
- Political parties or candidates
- Charter or private schools
- Individuals or teams (either sports or academic)
- Casino logo use on items intended for those under 21
- Programs that provide services exclusively outside of Michigan
- Seed money or start-up funds for new organizations
- Requests for logo items or in-kind gifts for use by minors
- Talent, baby, or beauty pageants
- Video, CD, or film productions
- Religious organizations providing services solely to their own membership
- Programs that discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, or national origin
Gun Lake Casino Scholarship
Gun Lake Casino is committed to being an active partner within the community. The Gun Lake Casino Scholarship was created to contribute to the future success of Allegan County, offering a $2,000 scholarship to one student at each of the eight public high schools in Allegan County. To download the scholarship packet, click the link below. The scholarship application must be submitted no later than March 10, 2019 to the school's Guidance Office.
Please email Charitable.Giving@gunlakecasino.com with any questions.
About Gun Lake Casino
Gun Lake Casino is located off Exit 61 on U.S. 131, halfway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. The casino features over 2,200 slot machines, 47 table games, a 14-table Poker Room, a 225-seat café, and 300-seat buffet, along with bars, lounges, and live entertainment.
Gun Lake Casino is owned by the Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians.